This recipe was shared with my about 5 years ago by the President and Vice-President of the PTA at my boys school. It is absolutely the best breakfast casserole I have ever made or eaten. I would like to share it with all of you as we approach Christmas. It is a great Christmas morning breakfast.
2 pounds sausage (your favorite kind)
1 8-0z package of cream cheese
2 packages of crescent roll dough
- Brown and crumble sausage
- Drain Sausage
- Put sausage back in the pan and melt cream cheese into it.
- Stir thoroughly so that the cream cheese is melted into all of the sausage
- Layer 1 package of crescent roll dough on the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Pour sausage mixture over dough.
- Layer second package on top of sausage mixture to cover the sausage.
- Bake at 375 until dough is cooked and browned.
I have used this for class parties, family events, work breakfast, funeral dish, and the list goes on.
The wild things love this casserole. We have even made it for supper before! I hope your family enjoys it as much as my family has!